It's been an eventful last few days. I decided I don't want to live where I'm living now for next year, so I spent some time shopping around and finding a new apartment. Everything ended up falling into place perfectly, and we'll be subleasing an apartment from a couple of med students for a month, and then just staying in the same apartment for the following year. It's perfect. The only unperfect part is that I move in just after Jake moves out. It will be a little strange living there at first I think because I'm so used to seeing him whenever I go there.
Rode Bingo yesterday too. It was raining, so the horses were inside. As I was walking around on Bingo, I saw Brutus's old owner, Ashley, so I sat and talked to her for about 15 minutes. Bingo was surprisingly calm and stood the entire time. I think it upset her a little, though, because afterwards she went a little crazy. She kind of started rearing/bucking and generally being uncooperative. There were also dogs running around barking, which she didn't really like, and we spent a lot of time trying to remain calm and relaxed and forward but not running around like crazy. Oh well, I guess 2 good rides in a row is a lot to ask for. Maddie said she took Bingo for a hack outside Tuesday too, so that might have gotten her a little hyped up. I'm sure with her not getting to go outside because of the rain and me making her stand while I talked to Ashley was just too much for her. Lesson learned. We did get some good trot work in the end though.
Anyways, in talking with Brutus's old owner, she said she had some old photos/videos of him and we should get together sometime to watch them together. I think that would be a lot of fun. She also offered to let me ride some of her horses if I want, which was nice of her.
Today I went to the vet school to get my picture taken. Another fellow student was there at the same time, so it was nice to get to know someone from my class. I commented to Linda, the person in charge of scheduling our photos, that I was going to visit one of my friends in the hospital after the pictures. She knew the person I was visiting, and so had me wait while she wrote her a card for me to take. She then introduced me to Dr. Abood, who apparently already knew of me from my AOP job and from Brutus's death. It's neat to get to know more people from the vet school so that it doesn't seem so scary and unfamiliar and will hopefully make the transition easier.
Ended the day stopping by home because it was my sister's senior prom today. Ahhh! Senior prom?! She's my baby sister! She's not supposed to be going to prom!!! Crazy how time flies. She looked absolutely gorgeous, and it was fun helping her get dressed and doing her nails for her. I just can't believe that was me 4 years ago! It seems like college flew by!
Siblings grow up SO fast - it's crazy!!
ReplyDeleteAnd also guess what? I might get to ride a horse tomorrow!! I will definitely think of you if I do!
Thanks for blogging - I love reading your stuff. :-)
Ahh I know! I still can't believe she'll be starting colege in the fall!
ReplyDeleteLet me know if you go riding and I hope you have fun if you do!