Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pony Update

Just a quick horse update...

Went out this afternoon to catch Bingo, but someone turned her out without her halter... she quickly ate the treats I had in my hand and then galloped away so I couldn't catch her.  Ugh!  So I tried to catch her for a while, but she was being really stubborn, so I decided to go visit Oliver.  He enjoyed the rest of Bingo's treats.  (And he had both shoes on, YAY!)  Then went back to try to catch Bingo, and she let me catch her finally! 

I decided we both needed a break from arena work, so I took her out to the cross country field with a couple of the other girls.  It was incredibly windy today, but Bingo was pretty good for the most part.  We had a little bit of an issue with bending/steering (but that could be because I was riding in her jumping saddle and I'm not the most comfortable in jumping saddles,) and she really didn't want to get close to the water (but there were some BIG horses running through the water, so I don't really blame her.)  We did have some AWESOME canter work though!  We had perfect transitions (although I think that's because cantering was her idea... now to make it her idea every time I want her to canter...) And surprisingly, her canter was very adjustable even though we were out in a huge field. 

No comments:

Post a Comment