Wow, I've been seriously lacking in this whole blogging thing. Sorry about that, but my life has been a whirlwind lately.
We had orientation Friday and Saturday. Friday involved a lot of sitting and listening and taking surveys and Saturday we had "team building". Really it didn't help me get to know my classmates all that well, but that's okay because I'm already beginning to realize that I will quickly be seeing them 24/7.
Yesterday we had our first day of classes. We start every morning with 4 lectures back-to-back. We don't even leave the classroom... all of the professors come to us. We do get 10 minutes between lectures, which is nice. However, it is still a lot of sitting. Surprisingly, though, sitting is very tiring because by lunch time I am ready for a nap. We get an hour off for lunch, which seems like a long time but it's really not because we have to walk over to vet med and go to our lockers and get everything ready for our afternoons. Afternoons consist of 1-2 labs. Yesterday we had anatomy lab. We had to learn all the bones of the forelimb and a bunch of minute details about each limb. Tomorrow is the hindlimb, so tonight will be spent in anatomy lab studying radiographs because I didn't get to that part during lab yesterday. After anatomy yesterday, I had about 2 hours off until the barbecue one of the clubs was sponsoring. So I went to the library and reviewed some anatomy and histology and then headed to the picnic for free food :)
Today was much of the same, except in the afternoon I had histology lab and then animal handling lab. In animal handling we learned how to take blood from a cow's tail and a dog's paw. We also learned how to restrain mice, rats, and rabbits. This was all on models, but in 2 weeks we get to do it on real animals!!! Ahhh!!! Well next week we get to draw blood from a cow's tail and the rodent lab is the following week. Today it was 5:30 by the time I got home. Just enough time to eat, print off lecture notes for tomorrow, and then head back to anatomy lab to study.
Luckily today I'm not as wiped out as I was yesterday. This school alllll day and studying alllll night thing is exhausting, but they say you get used to it. I sure hope I do!
No comments:
Post a Comment